[FIX] EVE-NG No IP address on interface pnet0
After some time with GNS3, today I wanted to experiment a bit with EVE-NG to see how it feels and what i can do with it. As soon as I installed and boot it up, it didn’t work. It seamed that during the install i’ve skipped something (rather important). Instead of checking it twice, the decision was to reinstall it and give it another go. Of course, the outcome was the same and then the obvious thing to do was to investigate. At a closer look, i realized that there was no IP given… So, in the future, install EVE first, and only then add the virtual network card. This way you will not get the error “No IP address on interface pnet0”.
1. The issue
2. Go to VMWare> Edit > Virtual Network Editor >
3. Click Change settings (for admin rights) then click “Restore default” button
4. Wait for the network adapter to be installed and after the default settings are loaded successfully, click OK
5. Now go to your vm like in the image bellow, right click on it and go to settings
6. Now go to Hardware > Network adapter > Network Connection > Custom: Specific virtual Network > select the one with NAT option like bellow
7. Power on your virtual machine and take a note of the IP address you’ve got assigned for this virtual machine.
8. Open your browser and enter the IP (mine is 192.168.36.128) and hit enter. User the default credentials (admin/eve) to login.
You’re done! If you have any observation leave a comment. If you know how to improve the method leave a message.
Have an inspiring day!